Saturday 4 January 2014

Introduction


Welcome to my blog!  I’ll be using this blog to present my thoughts, opinions and responses to questions while I run for Vice president of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) in the elections that will open early in 2014.  I’m hoping to touch on a variety of election, engineering and philosophical topics that arise in the coming weeks and months.  I'd love to hear from you about your thoughts and questions about the engineering profession, particularly in Ontario.

 Who am I?  I'm currently the elected Northern Regional Councillor and the Vice President (Appointed) on PEO Council.  I was first elected in the 2012 elections and am coming to the end of my first term on council.  My undergrad degree is in chemical engineering and I have a Master’s in food engineering and a PhD in land resource science.  I currently work for the Ontario Public Service as a supervisor of a team of compliance officers. During my 25 plus year career, I have held a variety of engineering, research, policy and technical positions in academics, consulting and government.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment