Saturday 25 January 2014

A little bit about me...

I’d like to spend a bit of time here sharing the skills, training and experience which I am bringing to the position of Vice President of PEO.

·       I have always held leadership positions – most recently as a supervisor and previously as a team / group leader.  I’ve also chaired numerous technical studies, committees and working groups including leading technical studies in remote areas of Canada, and chairing technical, policy and strategic working groups at both the workplace and national level. 
·       I am currently a supervisor of a team of regulatory inspection and compliance staff in the Ontario Public Service (OPS).  My other employment experiences include positions as a senior engineer with a large consulting firm; as a technical expert in the OPS; as a project manager and assistant manager in the OPS; and, as a research scientist at an international European research institute, an engineering faculty and a science faculty.  
·       I am currently one of the two elected PEO Northern Region Councillors as well as the Appointed Vice President.
·       I am a team and bridge builder and I am respected amongst my colleagues and peers as such.  When working with a group of people to accomplish a task, I draw on their strengths to accomplish the goals that are set out.
·       I use positive, constructive and creative approaches to get buy-in from team members and stakeholders.  I celebrate the successes of my individual team members and the team. 
·        I have strong interpersonal skills and a significant network across the province and Canada.
·        In the last 10 years, I have completed significant leadership training in conflict avoidance and management, emotional intelligence, building corporate culture, risk management, stakeholder relations, media relations, facilitation skills, and project management.  I participate in continuous learning opportunities several times a year.
·       I have been recognized for my leadership contributions.  I was nominated for a Ministry of the Environment Emerald Award and received an Ontario Public Service Amethyst Award for co-chairing a national working group.  I was also nominated for a Greater Toronto Area United Way Spirit Award for leading the Ministry of the Environment’s United Way campaign to its most successful year in 2009 – we beat every goal and our team has never been beaten.
If you have any questions about my experience or qualifications, please feel free to contact me at SandraAusmaPEng(at)yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment